Firstly, thanks for booking your next headshot session with me! I can't wait to work with you on the day and look forward to creating some of the best headshots possible.
Below is a simple guideline of things to think about before your headshot session to help you get the most from your session. Of course, if you have any questions or concerns before your session, don't hesitate to get in touch with me!
Feeling Your Best
This is the most important part of the whole process of having your new headshots taken. To get the most out of your headshot session, you want to feel your absolute best on the day! Whether that means hitting the gym hard for the week leading up to your shoot, or getting a fresh new haircut and style, or simply just getting up nice and early and having a great day and eating well prior to your shoot, you will want to take whatever steps are necessary to arriving at your session feeling your absolute best self!
- Avoid overly bright colours such as red, yellow and orange or any fluorescent colours.
- Avoid prints and patterns such as branding and logos on clothing where possible as these are too distracting and will take away from your headshots.
- A variation of necklines is good, this could include v neck, crew neck, collars, tank tops and turtle necks etc.
- Try to keep pants simple and casual, denim and khaki work well, and for skirts keep them simple without too many patterns.
- Try to bring a casual look as well as a more dressed up look, think something you would wear to the cinemas and something you would wear to a nice bar. The aim is to have a good range of looks in your outfits to help showcase your character range.
- Make sure that you have your clothing ironed prior to your headshot session!
- Don't be afraid to bring too many options as we will find the best to looks to suit you and the lighting during the shoot.
Hair + Makeup
- Hair and makeup for photography is much different to everyday hair and makeup, which is why I recommend booking the professional hair and makeup for your session. If you have changed your mind, please let me know ASAP so that I can arrange the hair and makeup artist for your session.
- If you chose to have the professional hair and makeup for your headshot session, it is important that you arrive to your headshot session with clean skin and no makeup applied as well as having clean hair styled how you would normally style it on a daily basis.
- If you don't chose to have the professional hair and makeup, keep your makeup simple and don't overdo it. Cosmetic retouching will be applied in post production and its helps to keep the makeup simple to begin with. You want to look like how you would look if you are going to an audition or casting!
Arriving at your session
- Please try to arrive 10 minutes prior to your session and at least 1 Hour prior if you have booked hair and makeup to allow enough time for the makeup artist to do their job.
- I cannot guarantee parking for any of my locations, so please be aware of any parking restrictions and allow enough travel time for traffic as sometimes we will be shooting in populated areas.
After your headshot session
After your headshot session, you will receive an online proofing gallery to select your images within 7 days from your headshot session. Once you have this, you will need to select your images to be retouched via your private gallery.
Once you have selected your images to be retouched, they will go into post production and will be ready within another 7 days of submitting your selection, the faster you chose, the sooner you will receive your final images!
At the end of this process, you will be sent another online link which will allow you download your final images in a ZIP folder which will include your high resolution and low resolution files as well as your images in both colour and black + white.